Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Ltd 5MT Champagne
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, I'm a new Subie owner and new member on here. I;ve had my Outback XT Limited 5MT for two weeks now and I love it. Garnet Red would have been my first choice, but I picked champagne because I live on a dirt road, and champagne is almost the same color as dust!

I absolutely love the car. The only thing I am disapointed in is the Automatic Climate Control. I've given up on it and switched to manual. Someody said it was nicknamed HAL, very appropriate :)

·
Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
Welcome to the board! My ride is a dark green 98, I chose my color for the purpose of concealment under trees *G*

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2005 Outback XT Limited MT
2,409 Posts
Hey sduford,

Congratulations and welcome. I've had mine (nicknamed "the turdboss") three months almost, and it's every bit as exciting as the first time I drove.

Pretty soon you get to love HAL for his inconsistencies. Way back when, Subarus were considered quirky. I guess this is the one vestige of those early days.

Any pics? I'd love to see it.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Outback 2005 Ford Ranger
352 Posts
Nice car. The Champagne is one of my favorites (right behind white/granite). I saw a champagne LL Bean and it looked great with those dark wheels. Would make a good first mod huh? ;)

Welcome to the board.

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2005 Outback XT Limited MT
2,409 Posts
Sly. That is one sweet looking car. Nice setting, too.

·
Registered
02 OB sport, 2.5, 5MT, WRX seats/catback/rear bar, Hellas, Home Despot CAI and roof rack
1,573 Posts
Sly--

welcome to the board! your approach to color selection goes very well with the pragmatist nature of these cars....i think champagne also shares with silver the attribute of being semi invisible to cops.

i'd get worried if your climate control starts singing "Daisy" and locking you out of the car on its own volition....:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts