Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i - no mods... yet?
Discussion Starter #1
Just lookin to find Champaign-Urbana Subie owners. I'd like to learn more about car maintenance (start with the basics and move up to useful mods). It's funny how having a subaru automatically connects you with so many others. I struck up a conversation with a guy just today based around removing the dealer badges from the back of our outbacks.

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 100,000+ miles
I'm originally from Paris, IL (near Terre Haute) and know the Champaign area intimately. I'm also very friendly with the guys a Worden-Martin, which is a terrific dealership IMHO. I don't know how much help I can be to you as I'm in the St. Louis area now, but keep me in touch :)

Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i - no mods... yet?
Discussion Starter #3
Myll盲ri said:
I'm originally from Paris, IL (near Terre Haute) and know the Champaign area intimately. I'm also very friendly with the guys a Worden-Martin, which is a terrific dealership IMHO. I don't know how much help I can be to you as I'm in the St. Louis area now, but keep me in touch :)
Hey nice to meet you! I had the car looked over at W-M (after I bought it :rolleyes: ) to possibly transfer the extended warranties of the previous owner. I was a little hesitant to take it there because the salesmen there tried to buy the Soob out from under me when I met the student there to pick up warranty paperwork :14: .

I'm only a couple weeks into being a Soob owner and I love it. I've spent a lot of time on the forums just reading through posts and looking at photos. Eventually, I'd love to do a few mods to the OB. It looks like the standard mods/upgrades are: dumping the potenza's for geolanders or grabbers, getting sway bars and better springs (with the tires this should add 1+" of clearance, adding some additional driving/fog lights, roof basket (w/ kayak and bike attachments), hidden hitch 2" with yakama swingdaddy, switching out the stock mirror for the auto dimming one w/ homelink, eventually I'd like to see if I could get the steering wheel with radio controls put on there and much further in the future lift it another inch plus... and... decals. I like the look of the Subaru swoop on the superu but for now I have one from my running club and a few others I'll throw in there to give her some personality :20:

Any suggestions as to where I can buy some of these things or brands or any comments/links to how-to's are very, very welcome. I'm completely unschooled in car maintenance but enthusiastic about learning (even did my first oil/air filter change the other week; that was an experience :19: )

Again, nice to meet you and I hope to make it to St. Louis sometime soon. Hey, any suggestions on where to go/what to do there would be awesome. I've just realized that I've lived here for 2 years now and still have never been to St. Louis, Indianapolis, or Cincinnati, not to mention most of the state/national parks that aren't too far south of Chambana and am looking to do some midwest exploring before I, hopefully, find myself in Oregon in the next year (or less? ):claphead:

Registered
Yep, in Champaign too :)

Hi, I had a 2000 Outback for years :) and just bought the 2015 2.5i Premium, Wilderness Green in March at Worden Martin. I've been very happy with it. The 2015 has everything I liked about the old Subie and gained plenty on the new!

Mods I've done include:
interior LEDs
19mm sway bar
Black Plasti Dip on the grill and window trim
Rally mud flaps
H9 bulbs
Weather Beater floor mats.

I wanted to tone down the chrome and reduce the amount of splash on the back side panels. The sway bar really does help tighten it up on turns and fast lane changes. Not as happy with the interior LEDs - very bright and cold. I am looking for a warmer white :) The floor mats are great. They're tub like and easy to clean. Geez, I just looked at the list and I'm surprised that I've done all this. Of all the mods I personally think the sway bar and the floor mats are the most useful.

I see you have put in a Yellow-top, deep-cycle battery. What does that do for you? I haven't researched batteries so I'm unfamiliar with the pros and cons.

Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT, Abyss Blue Pearl (Mine) PP 2 , 2017 Ice Silver Outback Limited (Wife's)
C/U Too!

I'm also in Champaign! I have a 2015 Premium Outback (the wife's) and a 2014 Forester Premium (mine). I've done the usual LED interior light replacement on both. Added OEM Fog Lights, OEM Trailer hitch, and Husky floor mats to the Forester. Just last week I struck a deal with the local dealer to trade in the Forester for a 2017 Limited Outback, hopefully it will be here before the end of October.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts