Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 H6 3.0R LL Bean wagon and 2000 H4 OBW
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened to me. I put a new alternator on, everything went fine. Easy job and works well. Didn't get the belts quite tight enough as I got a slight squeal in the belt on warmer days at start up. Tightened belts and then it happened. Power steering groan and noise.

Hmm, did I get the belts too tight and put a strain on something? Coincidence? So I adjusted it a bit again. Then I found out what had happened via the web and I am posting the fix here in case it happens to someone else.

This may be a re-post but it helped me;

Why Is The Power Steering Making Noise on My Subaru Outback? - Seattle Subaru Repair

Redmon

·
Registered
1 Posts
2000 subaru outback heated seats not working

I just bought a 2000 outback. The dealer claimed the car seats heated- no luck. My mechanic said the fuses are fine. How do I get an electrical diagram, is it a switch assembly? I am 63 yo woman who is pretty handy.

·
Registered
2006 H6 3.0R LL Bean wagon and 2000 H4 OBW
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Couple of videos with some helpful information as related to the power steering noise and air in the system.

Reactions: OldBay

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,653 Posts
several posts here about air in the PS system.

kinda surprised they haven't been added to the stickies at the top of the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts