Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
change the plugs on my 99 last night. removed battery and washer and air box. went to start it this morning and it would not idle with out a little gas from the pedal. after about 30 seconds it smoothed out.

drove it for a couple of mile to take kids to school and then turned it off and when i went to restart it would idle with out a little gas.

Once its running it seems fine. When I got home, i check all the connections and such and everything was good.

So could it be that the computer is relearning with the new plugs because of my disconnecting the battery? it would seem strange that new plugs alone would cause this.

Plugs are NGK v power correct for this car.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
I'd check for a loose vaccum line or something not seated correctly.

No CEL?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update:I removed the battery cable today to test out an see if it was still doing the same thing.

I have figured out what it is. i had adjusted the IAC to bring the idle down a little. it seems the computer learn the difference in the setting and adjusted everything to work.

After i removed the cable, it would not stay idled again. i readjusted the the IAC using what is the original baseline till it started. just a little movement goes a long way. Once it started it idles fine now and no more jumping idle. seems to have smoothed out the engine at idle slightly.

for those that have bought a used OB and can't figure out a problem like i describe, you might try it and see what happens. One never knows if it was messed with before

1 - 6 of 6 Posts