Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Subaru Outback 2017 Premier 3.6
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes, something that seems very easy to swap is a PITA in reality.

I have the plan to change my stab bar bushings

It seems really easy like
1- jacking the car
2- remove tire
3- unscrew the 2 screws
4- lube new part
5- install the new stuff

I've bought everything new... bracket, bushing, screws

Should I be aware of any strange thing that might happens? example : snapping a bolt into the frame

thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited. White, Sunroof, 2.5, CVT. Bought 2/15/11. Love it! Broke 109K, 2/20.
452 Posts

·
Master Caster
🖤💔💙 3 Beautiful OBXTs
16,322 Posts
Drive on ramps (not necessary unless you are fat.
Evening belly laugh....

See my install instructions ... for CKE SSP bushings. If you bought from me you would have these unless I forgot to include them...if you didn't buy from me, I will still help you out.

The biggest thing is cross threading and/or breaking a bolt. Just get the bolts started...all 4 and don't run them in to far. Then tighten the top and bottom bolts evenly so it closes the bushing around the bar uniformly. And don't go crazy ... I think torque is 43-48 ft/lbs...put 35 to it and see what the bolts feel like. It's pretty easy to snap a 8mmx1.25 bolt, even grade 10...

Attachments

·
Master Caster
🖤💔💙 3 Beautiful OBXTs
16,322 Posts
I dont know everybody is talking about the rear one... I'm changing the front ones lol :)
Because the RSB is a common upgrade, as well are my performance bushings. Easy mistake/assumption to make.

You still don't need ramps....turn the wheels to lock and you can get right in there. My advice still applies, except the front torque is 28-30 ft/lbs

And OK, here's the front install instructions...

Attachments

·
Master Caster
🖤💔💙 3 Beautiful OBXTs
16,322 Posts
I've bought everything new... bracket, bushing, screws
You wanna send me your old brackets? I could make a greasable bushing kit out of those...I trade you for set performance bushings...

You can shelve your stockers for a rainy day.

·
Registered
Subaru Outback 2017 Premier 3.6
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You wanna send me your old brackets? I could make a greasable bushing kit out of those...I trade you for set performance bushings...

You can shelve your stockers for a rainy day.
well sending old brackets to Denver from Montreal will be more expensive than buying new ones at 3$ to dealership :grin2:

I've installed my OEM Subaru bushing and now rattle and sqeeking noise are gone... I was feeling i had an old winter beaterwith my original bushings!

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
3,041 Posts
85d front and rear on the 29mm RSB.

Alex, I'll take that for the win.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts