Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Outback '01 H4 AT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm planning to change my entire transmission on subaru outback 2001 2.5 115kw. I'm looking for a decent used transmission, but all that I found to date are with different transmission numbers. I was wondering can you swap transmission with another one that has different transmission no.? Whats the difference between them? Should I look for exactly same code?

Thank you.

·
Registered
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
1,792 Posts
Mostly differential ratios, as far as I know. There may be some differences in the gear ratios as well - others here will know more details.

·
Registered
01 Outback LL Bean
2,384 Posts
Most auto transmissions from a 2000 - 2003 2.5 Outback should work. Post you transmission ID and the ID of the one you might be interested and we can provide some feedback. Generally the first 7 digits need to match.

·
Registered
06 OBW 2.5, 05 Forester, had 03 H6 OBW
5,871 Posts
In the US for autos the legacies had a 4.11 front diff ratio and the outbacks a 4.44 ratio, except the H6 outbacks which had a 4.11

·
Registered
4, Gen 2 H6's: 2001 LLBean, 2002 LLBean, 2002 VDC, 2003 Plain...I love the H6's!
243 Posts
From what I understand the electrical connections may also vary if trans case numbers do not closely match.

·
Registered
Outback '01 H4 AT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I understand the electrical connections may also vary if trans case numbers do not closely match.
That's what I'm worried about.
These are the numbers I would like to swap. Thanks for all the help guys. If someone could confirm that these can or cannot swap that would be great.
TV1A4YFCBB-LU
TV1A4YFAAB-WM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts