Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im at the dealer that I bought my car from 1.5 weeks ago.
I came for a couple issues the car had and also to turn off the lock beep. they want to charge 39 bucks to do this - says its not under warranty. My last Outback I could change this myself - had I known on my OB last week that I couldnt do this - I would have had them do it at the time of purchase - wonder if they would have charged me then? I am not happy about this considering I drive an hour to get here and there are about 5 dealers from my house to this dealer. I am not sure if any other dealer would do it for free if the one I purchased from wont do it - but maybe if I tell them I will start going there for my service needs. I asked to speak with the manager but hes in a meeting right now.

I seem to recall people here saying they were able to do this for free at the dealer they purchased from. Is that true?

I think its stupid that BECAUSE I paid more for the SAP package - keyless entry - I have to then pay more to change a setting I could do myself with the regular key entry.

You would think as a repeat Subaru buyer - driving out of his way to support a dealer - they would do such a thing for me. I pay more gas to get here - and perhaps its not worth it.

irritated!!!

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, i vented here perhaps too soon...and then finally got to speak w the service manager. He listened to my argument and then offered to do it for free. im not just trying to get all for free but considering i had the same car before and didnt know i cldnt change this myself- wld have done it at purchase if i cld- and that im passing by like 5 other dealers to give them my business, they cld throw me a bone.

well they did and im very happy. Seems too little businesses these days want a good relationship w customers where each side wants to support the other. well clearly this dealership does. I will be back here for my first oil change which is coming way too soon. im at 1630 miles in 11 days of ownership! :eek:

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i limited
212 Posts
For anybody who stumbles on this thread... The solution noted here worked on my 2011 OB Limited.

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Outack
34 Posts
For anybody who stumbles on this thread... The solution noted here worked on my 2011 OB Limited.

Based on reading this process, it sounds well worth paying someone $40 to do it. This is 'skilled labor'. Just a BIT more complex than on my 02 OB.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i limited
212 Posts
Based on reading this process, it sounds well worth paying someone $40 to do it. This is 'skilled labor'. Just a BIT more complex than on my 02 OB.

Thanks for the info!
Hah! If you really think so, I'll do it for just $35!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts