Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone searches, I recall seeing somewhere that if the charging light (battery light) doesn't illuminate, the alternator will not operate properly. Of course I find this out after replacing the battery (dead cell) and slapping another alternator in (used oem). I love this board...
I sat racking my brain trying to figure this crap out, and just before I was about to drive to Advance to test the old alternator, the ol light bulb popped above my head. Lol and behold, key on, no charge light... YAY! I only wasted a total of six hours lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,324 Posts
Good reminder! I just hope I remember it when I need it. Thanks.

remember this: parts stores do not sell alternators for H6 subarus.
(the only things they have drain your wallet, and leave you along side the road angry....and their database say it "should work" warrantied if not,...for another thing).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry: when you say "if the charging light (battery light) doesn't illuminate", do you mean when the ignition is in the ON position before the car is started? Thanks.

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry: when you say "if the charging light (battery light) doesn't illuminate", do you mean when the ignition is in the ON position before the car is started? Thanks.
Correct, if the light isn't illuminated when the key is in position 2 without the engine running, it acts as an open circuit and the alternator won't charge

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts