Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
My son was very disappointed with Brown Subaru in Charlottesville. He used an independent mechanic in town. I'll talk to him and let you know who it was.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be great...we've been having our new Outback serviced at the dealer, and have been far less than overwhelmed.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i know a great guy in the area who could do almost anything, but i don't know if he would be interested. very knowledgeable, very talented.

i'll pass along your request. and see what happens.

even if he isn't interested, he may know where to go.

good luck.

·
Registered
342 Posts
C-Ville Imports
108 Lewis Street
Charlottesville, VA
434-923-8309

My son used them for a front axle reboot. They examined it and decided to use the old Subaru axle and rebooted with genuine Subaru parts for the same price my guy here at home has done others for us. Way cheaper and apparently more knowledgeable than the local Subie Dealer.
He came highly recommended by family and friends in Charlottesville. My son has recently returned home from his summer job up there and I examined the work. First class as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Anyway, back to inde shops. The two places I've been recently that I've been rather impressed with are University Tire + Auto center. Which has about 4 or 5 locations int eh area now. They used to be one of the places that people complained about, but I think they've made a big step up in terms of customer service in the past 2-3 years.

The one I like most is a place called QuickLane. I know it sounds kinda cheesy but it's run by Colonial Auto Center which is one of the highest rated dealerships in the area right now. The technicians there are knowledgable and do good clean work from what I've seen. The manager there is really nice, and always helpful.

The one place I like better is Bob's Wheel Alignment, but I don't know if they do scheduled service work. They concentrate mostly on tires/suspension work I think but are deffinitely worth calling to ask. The best part about them, Bob (the owner) is almost always there to help customers, and as far as I can tell actually works in the shop still, so he's pretty well up to speed on what's going on with the cars they service and the proper way to handle things. Like I said I don't know if they do regular scheduled service work, but they're worth looking into.

Hope that helps!
Scott M.
scott used to work at brown, but has been gone 6 - 8 months ans is now back at school. he said that several dealers in the area of different brands have been going through a major mix up personnel wise. but he gave the above recommendation.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. I've been to Bob's, seen Bob on the job. Cleanest garage I've seen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
msa6
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing