Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 OB 3.0R LL Bean
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a 2005 Outback 3.0 LL Bean but in March I was T-Boned in an accident and I was at fault. I drove my little brother's 2009 legacy sedan for about a month or two but then he got his license and took it back. Now I drive a 2005 Cavalier. God how I hate this thing. I went from a fully loaded wagon to a base model economy car and I hate it. Although the cavy does have a bit of torque considering its' power to weight ratio.

ANYWAYS, I would love nothing more than to have my outback again but that isn't going to happen. I just want another subaru. Looking for a cheap outback, legacy, or even a forester. Preferably a turbo motor this go around. Anyone got something cheap and local for me? trying to keep it around $3000 or lower and if you want the cavalier I would most definitely consider a trade. Has 97K miles, base model, super clean though, minor scuffs on front bumper from people who can't park. Yes I am trying to trade my cavalier to a subaru owner, don't laugh at me.

I am in the Baltimore, MD area. Thanks!

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
Reactions: eagleeye

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,112 Posts
Oh, so close. It's and ll beam instead of an LL Bean. Seriously though, $3.800 for a cherry 2005 LL Bean, even if you do have to drive to PA to get it, is way too low for it not to have at least one serious issue.

Here's a link to more Subies closer to us. https://baltimore.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=subaru

The gen 2 in Glen Burnie looks like a nice fixer upper. You could swap out the base interior for a Limited. I've done it.

Also, contact my bud @Brucey here. He bought my old Gen 2 and might know some folks with good deals if you are willing to drive a bit. I got my 2008 LL Bean in Richmond for $11K. A three hour drive.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,215 Posts
Also, contact my bud @Brucey here. He bought my old Gen 2 and might know some folks with good deals if you are willing to drive a bit. I got my 2008 LL Bean in Richmond for $11K. A three hour drive.
and he bought it, from you near Baltimore, ...as everything in WV is corroded and rusted.

...PA = the bondo state, so bring your magnets and look for it under the paint.

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
Looking for a cheap outback, legacy, or even a forester. Preferably a turbo motor this go around. Anyone got something cheap and local for me? trying to keep it around $3000
a cheap turbo is a bad idea unless you're okay with a very expensive engine and/or turbo replacement/repair. statistically your chances are probably better taking that $3k to atlantic city.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,215 Posts
a cheap turbo is a bad idea unless you're okay with a very expensive engine and/or turbo replacement/repair. statistically your chances are probably better taking that $3k to atlantic city.
one listed as having a already dead engine in it is probably a great find.

even better then no engine. as at least all the stuff is on it.

$1500 for one with a dead engine, ...plus a $3000? bench built replacement. = $4500 spent on what maybe a $7000 car when done.

(and not a $7000 thing that just craps out in the first month).

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
$1500 for one with a dead engine, ...plus a $3000? bench built replacement. = $4500
he does have a currently running and driving car to make that easily happen.

But does the OP get free labor, or did i miss something?

engines and turbo's like to walk hand and hand through misery, it's unnerving to put expensive turbo's on unknown engines or expensive engines under unknown turbo's.

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,112 Posts
and he bought it, from you near Baltimore, ...as everything in WV is corroded and rusted.

...PA = the bondo state, so bring your magnets and look for it under the paint.
Perhaps you've forgotten, Little Red started her life in Parkersburg, WV. She sat in a field for 3 years before I rescued her, so she could fulfill her destiny. To go back to WV.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,215 Posts
Perhaps you've forgotten, Little Red started her life in Parkersburg, WV. She sat in a field for 3 years before I rescued her, so she could fulfill her destiny. To go back to WV.
I did remember that,

little red retiring to WV to start rusting again, eventually to get shredded.,

...none escape,...even little red. (the boomerang).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.