Subaru Outback Forums banner

Cheapest place to Order a new Outback

1056 20
Hello,
I’m looking at ordering a new outback and am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for the best price on a new outback. I’m willing to wait 3-6months if that’s what it takes.
Thanks in advance.
-Tom
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness Dark Grey. Metallic Grey.
943 Posts
Depends on where you are located and how far you want to travel. The dealership I bought my Wilderness from, Subaru of Gwinnett in Georgia, currently has several new 2022s and 2023s in stock. I noted they have two Wildernesses on the lot, one in Gyser Blue and the other in Silver Grey. Whether they are already spoken for, I did not ask anyone. They are NOT marking them up, either. They are asking MSRP.

They have been top-notch service for me, and I did not look to see what options they did have. They were backed in so I could not tell if they had factory hitches.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R & 2005 Impreza sport 2020 Honda Passport
153 Posts
If I needed a car and it was far from, I wouldn’t have a problem flying somewhere and drive it home. That would be a fun road-trip. I’m in Connecticut and it looks like the dealers have a good amount of stock.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Premium, Magnetite Gray
3 Posts
I got my 22 Outback from Heuberger Motors in Colorado Springs. They say they’re the largest Subaru dealer in the USA in terms of volume of subies sold and I don’t doubt that.

For me it was a pretty straightforward and easy process and they always seem to have a steady stock coming in. When I got mine I stopped in on a Saturday afternoon (after my old 07 Forester had died) and picked it up on Monday in August of ‘21. A week later there were one month waitlists - being discussed on this forum so timing is everything. I do know they sell cars to folks all over the country.

Good luck, and let us know where you end up buying and how the process is for you.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (me) 2020 Forester Limited (Spouse) 2016 Outback Limited (Daughter)
710 Posts
If you look in the vendor section of this forum, you'll find that Liberty Subaru in north NJ both helps support this forum site (and all it's sister Subaru forum sites) as well as provides good pricing.

Reactions: 22Outback

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought my 2022 Wilderness from Jenkins Subaru in WV about 3 months ago. I inquired by phone and they immediately discounted it $1800. 2 weeks later when it came in, we drove 450 miles to pick it up!

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R
444 Posts
I had issues with my local Subaru dealership on the sales side... So I sent an email out to all of the other dealerships in the state inquiring about the car I wanted. Basically I wanted a 3.6R in blue. Not too complicated.

So I took the 12 or so replies back, and four of them stated that they just didn't have any 3.6s left or they immediately tried to sell me cars that were a different color. Literally just two requirements.

So then I took the remaining eight, and emailed them... After a conversation with each one I realized that they where all intending to sell me the same car. They were just going to swap cars with that dealership that was receiving it.

So I basically called up the guy I was emailing at the dealership and said "look I have all these guys willing to cut a deal with me on this and they must have a kickback to your dealership so you get something... so I know you can beat their price and just sell me the car directly because you already have it coming."

And that's exactly what happened. We worked out my trade and everything over the phone, I arrived signed some papers and drove it back home.

Email negotiations work great because you make the dealerships compete against each other.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
28,316 Posts
I’ll go as far as I need. 2k miles is okay. Not much further than that though please. Lol currently in NW Montana
the cargurus site has the dealers competing head to head with haggle free pricing.

so if driving hours,...no need to haggle. ( I found the dealer I bought my 2018 legacy used on from this site,...and the sales person had a simple paper list in his hand that the finance manager printed a couple times a day,....
2 hour drive there: the car I went to look at was sold and litterally driving off the lot when I was pulling in,...and the one I bought was coming in off lease when I was test driving other things,...= seen the senior citizens bring it in and leave with a new one).
so one more thing for haggle free, in a big high volume subaru place with lots of competing subaru dealers around,
low prices and faster turnover. ...

·
Premium Member
2021 OB Touring, 2011 OB Premium
2,191 Posts
We purchased our 2021 Touring 2.5i from Carr Subaru in the SW Portland (Beaverton) area of Oregon and got very good service from the salesman and sales manager. I did trade in a 2018 Forester Limited, but even so, the purchase was very nicely handled by the dealership. Their service department appears to be first-rate also (but I fathom that wouldn't apply to you, being in NW Montana). I'd give them a call and see if they might be able to assist you. Tell them exactly what you are looking for, where you would be coming from, and see if they'd hold a specific vehicle for you. They do have an online sales associate, to my knowledge. Best wishes on your planned purchase, wherever it occurs.

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
114 Posts
I got my 22 Outback from Heuberger Motors in Colorado Springs. They say they’re the largest Subaru dealer in the USA in terms of volume of subies sold and I don’t doubt that.
They have exactly 2 Outbacks in stock, lol.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring XT - Cinnamon Brown Pearl
353 Posts
How do you get a loyalty coupon?
Right here -

....................... our Customer Advocacy Department does review on a case-by-case basis for what is called a Goodwill Loyalty Purchase Incentive. This is a long name for a coupon toward a new Subaru that is gifted exclusively to loyal customers who have owned Subaru vehicles in the past. You can certainly call them to open a request for a coupon and they will review to see if this is something they can provide for you. Their phone number is 1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783)."

Good luck! I've seen the coupons good for anywhere from $500 up to $1,000 this year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts