Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home last night and was listening to XM when I noticed the screen simply had a box up that said "Check Antenna". The radio was still working fine. No static, no hiccups in reception. If I changed the channel, it would show the channel for about a second before going back to telling me about the antenna. I powered the radio off and the box came up after I turned it back on. After about maybe 7-8 minutes it went away and didn't come back for the next half hour or so driving home. We'll see if it is back today as I have the OB for the weekend with my wife out of town.

Anyone else get this? Loose connection somewhere maybe? Like I said, the performance of the radio never suffered. The satellite antenna is the "shark fin" right? I did check it the best I could once I got home. Everything looks fine, I even tried to give it a shake to see if it was secure and it is secure.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Mine did this about 2 weeks after I got it. It wouldn't work for about 10 minutes. I shut the car off and came back 30mins later and it was fine. No problems since.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had to drive two hours each way on Saturday and listened to XM nearly the whole time. No messages, so maybe it was just a weird glitch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
VicVinegar
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing