Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

A friend of mine just installed an amp, sub, and a new head unit into my 2008 outback. New system is working great, but now my CEL is flashing. Any ideas on what may be causing this? Is it likely something he did, or just a strange coincidence?

Thanks!

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,111 Posts
If you don't have a code reader, pop on over to an auto parts chain store like Autozone or Advancedauto and have them read the code for free. Then you can Google the CEL code to get an idea where the problem lies. Share it here and one of us may have an idea as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,
Just had pepboys pull the codes.
They told me that 4 codes came up. :eek:

P0851- Park/Neutral position switch input low
P0140-02 Sensor Circuit (No Activity)
P01152- No info
P01153- No info

They did not have any information on the last 2 codes. They reset the CEL and told me it was ok to drive for now, and to come back if it came back on. The CEL was still on when I drove home, I don't think that there reset did anything. Anyone know what the last 2 codes are? Or how I should go about fixing the first 2?

Thanks

·
Registered
2006 2.5i
95 Posts
I dont know if it's related or anything but I threw a CEL when I installed some auxillarly lights. I never got the code(s) read but I disconnected the battery for a few minutes to reset it and it never came back on. CEL light never came back...

·
Premium Member
01 VDC, 05 R Sedan, 06 BAJA EJ257
15,779 Posts
The last two are AF sensor performance codes. The transmission range sensor and the AF sensors along with a couple minor things share grounds.

Did you do anything under the hood? The ground lug for these codes is on top of the intake manifold. Where did you ground the stereo?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts