Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. I recently purchased a 2012 Subaru Forester from a dealer 3 weeks ago with 96000 miles on it. All was well until yesterday I sped up to pass someone on the highway and the check engine light, cruise control light and off road light all came on at the same time. Plugged in my OBD2 sensor and it's showing a misfire in cylinders 3 and 4. Took it back to the dealer, the soonest they can get it in is the 20th of September. Any ideas on what could be causing the misfire? I need to start somewhere because it's my daily driver. PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey there. I recently purchased a 2012 Subaru Forester from a dealer 3 weeks ago with 96000 miles on it. All was well until yesterday I sped up to pass someone on the highway and the check engine light, cruise control light and off road light all came on at the same time. Plugged in my OBD2 sensor and it's showing a misfire in cylinders 3 and 4. Took it back to the dealer, the soonest they can get it in is the 20th of September. Any ideas on what could be causing the misfire? I need to start somewhere because it's my daily driver. PLEASE HELP!
Please tell me what the outcome was...same lights came on tonight , same way, in my 2009 Outback. No one is open on Sat here, nervous to drive it .

·
Registered
2008 Outback Wagon LL Bean Limited 2.5i
998 Posts
Did the same diagnostic codes pop up? The fun thing about the 2005-2009 OUtbacks is that it has a built in Diagnostic reader

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
01 VDC, 05 R Sedan, 06 BAJA EJ257
18,154 Posts
Please tell me what the outcome was...same lights came on tonight , same way, in my 2009 Outback. No one is open on Sat here, nervous to drive it .
If your car shows a fault for misfires, and it's on opposing cylinders, it may be the ignition coil. Opposing cylinders are 1 & 2, and 3 & 4. As is posted above, you'd need to find out what the fault(s) is that triggered the warning lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.