Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2005 3.0r outback 135k (canadian model), and If I use the cruise control for a couple of minute, the check engine and cruise light came ON, and the cruise control is no loger available since I reset the ECU to make those ligth turned OFF.

Does any one have the same problem? Or does Any one know why I have this problem

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,708 Posts
next time the CEL is on, try to have the code scanned. In most of the States, car part retailers will do that free of charge.

post the code here.

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,112 Posts
Also, how did you reset the ECU? Removing the negative battery cable is not the best method. Clearing the code (after making note of it of course) with a code reader is better for your car.

·
Gallery Ninja, ,
2004 Outback "Bluebaru" & 2005 Outback XT
5,195 Posts
Wheel Sensor is a likely candidate. Did you recently have your CV joints replaced by chance?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Any electric problem test the battery first. Intelligent tester too, not those analogue ones.

Had an issue some error code I cant recall, cruise control refused to work. Drove like that for a while, had the battery tested with an analogue tester and all was fine. Up to the point where it does not want to swing over. New battery, cruise working, errors gone etc.

Lower voltage readings will make the ecu think there are problems with resistance or current, giving errors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts