Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you look in the manual for the '99 Legacy (I assume this is true of other years) you find that while the Canadian models came with the child seat anchors, the US models did not. I had a heck of a time finding the part, eventually went to a dealer who had to call Subaru to find out it's the bag looking thing in the picture of the jack assembly (970). Anyway, to save other some time here's the part number:

96031AC070 ANCHOR SET PL

Ended up costing about $13. Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I ordered one of these for my 97. It sure made the car seat more stable. The occupant of the child seat will be learning to drive this Summer!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I got to thinking about this and I don't really need mine anymore. It can't be used when the dog/gear barrier is up anyway. If there is a child out there that can benefit from it I will give it away free if you pay shipping.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a heads up but there are three spots to install the anchor and when you order the kit you only get one. So if you have more than one seat in the car you'll need to order more than one.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Ok the child seat anchor part has gone to another home. I even found the plug that goes in the mounting hole! Sorry but it is no longer available.

·
Registered
50 Posts
dianer I thank you very much. I will let you know when it arrives. lazer thank you very much for posting the part number. I will more than likely be purchasing at least one if not two more.
Just out of curiosity, what are you guys using for the lower tether points, or are you? I have found a couple of mounting locations that I think may work but would appreciate any input from those who have tried.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Thank you for the chance to contribute something to this website. With no mechanical knowledge or acumen I have been looking for a way to give back.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
It has been a long time and I hope they have improved car seat systems some by now but I can tell you what the CHP did when they put my seat in. Because I was using a plastic base that I left in all the time they cut some non skid and put it on the seat to reduce sliding. Then they used a cut length of pool noodle between the base and seat back to keep the angle correct and fill the void space. Because the female end of the center seat belt is so long they twisted it a couple of times. Weighed down by the knee of an adult it clicked in very stable and I could take the car seat in and out of the base easily. When she graduated to the bigger seat it was not stable and that is when I got the rear tether anchor. The last seat even needed it more as it was a high backed booster.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
4 Participants
dianer
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing