Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

The other day I had multiple warning lights turn on on my 2011 Subaru Outback (~100k miles. check engine, break light flashing, cruise mode flashing, traction control and oil at temp) I immediately looked it up and saw people have had similar issues and called it the "Christmas Tree." I looked through some forums and read various accounts of loose gas caps, emission problems and battery issues so I didn't think much of it. I brought it to get the timing belt changed today and came to find out the code that showed up that there was some kind of issue with the torque converter. He didn't let me know what the code was but told me to call the dealership and make an appointment for them to check it out. He said he's heard of them being covered under some kind of extended warrantee and I read there was some sort of service bulletin posted regarding this issue.

The weird thing is my car isn't showing any of the symptoms that everyone else seems to have when they are having torque converter issues (low RPMs when slowing down and stopping, stalling when stopping...). The car is seemingly driving the same as before the warning lights came on.

Im going to call the dealership tomorrow morning to set an apt but has anyone else had the same experience?

Thanks

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
Without knowing the exact code(s), nothing can be said.

·
Registered
2021 Outback Onyx Edition XT
1,901 Posts
Hey Guys

The other day I had multiple warning lights turn on on my 2011 Subaru Outback (~100k miles. check engine, break light flashing, cruise mode flashing, traction control and oil at temp) I immediately looked it up and saw people have had similar issues and called it the "Christmas Tree." I looked through some forums and read various accounts of loose gas caps, emission problems and battery issues so I didn't think much of it. I brought it to get the timing belt changed today and came to find out the code that showed up that there was some kind of issue with the torque converter. He didn't let me know what the code was but told me to call the dealership and make an appointment for them to check it out. He said he's heard of them being covered under some kind of extended warrantee and I read there was some sort of service bulletin posted regarding this issue.

The weird thing is my car isn't showing any of the symptoms that everyone else seems to have when they are having torque converter issues (low RPMs when slowing down and stopping, stalling when stopping...). The car is seemingly driving the same as before the warning lights came on.

Im going to call the dealership tomorrow morning to set an apt but has anyone else had the same experience?

Thanks
I believe this error is indicative of some type of solenoid problem in the CVT. You should be covered under the extended warranty - you should have received something in the mail extending the warranty to 12 months from the date of the letter (since you're over 100k miles).

The Torque Converter is a separate case related to the TSB; but the solenoid failure could be caused by gunk in the CVTF that made its way towards the valve body.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

I believe this error is indicative of some type of solenoid problem in the CVT. You should be covered under the extended warranty - you should have received something in the mail extending the warranty to 12 months from the date of the letter (since you're over 100k miles).

The Torque Converter is a separate case related to the TSB; but the solenoid failure could be caused by gunk in the CVTF that made its way towards the valve body.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the responses. I had my buddy get the code for me:

"P2762: torque converter clutch pressure control solenoid control circuit range / performance"

My friend seems to think its a solenoid problem as well....

Pilot1226 who would this letter have come from? I actually am just below 100K, right at 99,908. I have an appointment with the dealership I bought it from this coming Saturday. Is there anywhere I can find if this issue is covered under an extended warranty?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2021 Outback Onyx Edition XT
1,901 Posts

Hey guys,

Thanks for the responses. I had my buddy get the code for me:

"P2762: torque converter clutch pressure control solenoid control circuit range / performance"

My friend seems to think its a solenoid problem as well....

Pilot1226 who would this letter have come from? I actually am just below 100K, right at 99,908. I have an appointment with the dealership I bought it from this coming Saturday. Is there anywhere I can find if this issue is covered under an extended warranty?

Thanks!!
It should come from corporate, assuming you’re in the USA. You can also call them with the VIN to verify the extended warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts