Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 OBW VDC, 2004 WRX, 1999 LEGACY L (in a heap)
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally got it worked out to do airbag recall for the WRX.

I had unplugged the passenger seat connector to disable the passenger airbag previously as a precaution.

First time I've gone to this service center for anything. Lets see what happens when I goto pick it up later.

they gave me a crosstrek as a loaner. Weird car.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,472 Posts
Well, finally got it worked out to do airbag recall for the WRX.

I had unplugged the passenger seat connector to disable the passenger airbag previously as a precaution.

First time I've gone to this service center for anything. Lets see what happens when I goto pick it up later.

they gave me a crosstrek as a loaner. Weird car.
Still need to get my WRX in for that. I was also thinking about a x'trek for a loaner

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, unrelated to Classic, the crosstrek (which was just what they had ready, i didnt care) is from the newest generation, where car design has stretched the rake of the front windshield so much i feel like I'm driving an Oldsmobile Silhouette.

Also, I can tell I don't like the CVT...

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,472 Posts
I need to start considering a new car for the wife but, more flat-ish glass is not good in Texas, maybe I'll get a Forry....

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my ride back in pretty much the time window I was told when I dropped it off, can't be too upset about that.

Courtesy wash was nice, but if you go there, tell them to not put tire dressing on. Whatever they use is kinda cheap and slings everywhere.

Since the dash came apart to replace the recalled airbag, the main thing I'm now listening for is telltale assembly rattles. This was the first time the dash had been pulled for any reason since I've owned it for 250,000 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts