Subaru Outback Forums banner

Cleaners for all season floor mats..

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  6Banger 
#1 ·
Hello,

Please advise some cleaners for removing salt stains and dirt on all season floor mats.

Thank you..

#2 ·
I just use car wash shampoo and a brush but it doesn't do a good job of removing stubborn stuff because it's ph-neutral. Other people use dishwashing liquid (e.g. dawn), or for stubborn stains step up to all purpose alkaline cleansers/degreasers like purple power, superclean, zep, etc but there are also some car-centric products like Meguiars heavy duty vinyl cleaner or mckees floor mat and cargo rejuvenator.

#6 ·
two things I have done to clean floor mats,...in the winter I scrub them upside down on a clean icy snow bank. (this gets 90% of the mud off, leaving you with very little to work with ...or live with)

in summer: I walk in to a clean brook with them with a brush. and the water rinses the crap away. way better than a hose. (nice if you got "too much soap" )

#7 ·
two things I have done to clean floor mats,...in the winter I scrub them upside down on a clean icy snow bank. (this gets 90% of the mud off, leaving you with very little to work with ...or live with)

in summer: I walk in to a clean brook with them with a brush. and the water rinses the crap away. way better than a hose. (nice if you got "too much soap" )
Question, are you typically wearing the plaid flannel shirt sold with the car? [emoji16]

I wish I had either of those options in Houston.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Question, are you typically wearing the plaid flannel shirt sold with the car? [emoji16]

I wish I had either of those options in Houston.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
2002 did not come with gifts....

I guess you could go to the reservoir or beach.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.