Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All new to the site. I have just bought an outback H6 luxury pack 2003 from my brother. The seats are ingrained with dirt and body sweat. I have read thru many posts here. I have found that Leatherique seems to be the best stuff for the job, However at $95 it is expensive. I would like to clean and condition these as they probably having not been cleaned for 6 years or so.

I am normally use natural products like white vinegar around the house as a cleaner. However would like to use this or a decent cleaner to clean then condition the leather. I am somewhat confused by all that i have read. However belief that the cleaner that you buy from auto stores probably will not cut it.

Found this site which has some good info ( even though its based at selling something)
These Cleaning leather car seats tips promise to deliver superior results!

Cheers

Pete

·
Registered
Subaru Liberty Heritage Ej251 SOHC NA My2000
36 Posts
cleaners+restorers

Hi, Its probaly a bit late to post however ebay au i bought some leather dye for my faded leather in my2000 and i saw all sorts of cleaners and stuff, a company based in UK "the scratch doctor" and very affordable $25au delivered for a black colour restorer enough to do 2 cars i recond..Stig

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought id give an update.

I used the leatherique cleaner and conditioner. The best part just massaging it in with your hands. I treated the seats twice. I recon the front seats need another going over to get them back to being nice and soft.

·
Registered
2019 Bronze Limited
205 Posts
Leatherique is very good stuff. I have used it on older vehicles when i had them and it helps soften up stiff leather and really rejuvenate it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts