Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time Subaru owner,

Need advice on how to clean the main Information Display Screen in my 2020 Touring XT. I have a screen protector for it but need to clean it before putting it on. Worried I might scratch it. What do you use?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
First time Subaru owner,

Need advice on how to clean the main Information Display Screen in my 2020 Touring XT. I have a screen protector for it but need to clean it before putting it on. Worried I might scratch it. What do you use?
Welcome to the Subaru Family!

If the display screen is relatively clean, and you want to be really careful, you can use a clean microfiber cloth dampened with distilled water.

If there are already fingerprints (oils) on the screen, then eyeglass cleaner sprays that don't have ammonia would be fine, again with a microfiber cloth. If you don't have microfiber, a clean piece of 100% cotton jersey fabric would work - either way, don't apply pressure. Let the distilled water or eyeglass cleaner do its work, and the cloth is just to soak up the liquid, not to mechanically scrape away residue.

If you don't have eyeglass cleaner, then one drop of dish washing liquid in a cup of distilled water can be used for the initial cleaning, and then do a second cleaning with just distilled water, to remove detergent residue.

Don't use paper products (paper towels, kleenex).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the Subaru Family!

If the display screen is relatively clean, and you want to be really careful, you can use a clean microfiber cloth dampened with distilled water.

If there are already fingerprints (oils) on the screen, then eyeglass cleaner sprays that don't have ammonia would be fine, again with a microfiber cloth. If you don't have microfiber, a clean piece of 100% cotton jersey fabric would work - either way, don't apply pressure. Let the distilled water or eyeglass cleaner do its work, and the cloth is just to soak up the liquid, not to mechanically scrape away residue.

If you don't have eyeglass cleaner, then one drop of dish washing liquid in a cup of distilled water can be used for the initial cleaning, and then do a second cleaning with just distilled water, to remove detergent residue.

Don't use paper products (paper towels, kleenex).
THANKS @SilverOnyx! Rockstar!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts