Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I peeked but the last relevant post is 2013. Maybe something new has miraculously appeared. My 2011 Limited has 90,000 miles of slow grunge in my cream leather seats with tiny peforate holes. Before cleaning it was a uniform light brown. After trying a walmart product now my seats are brown and white, so I really need to finish the job. I think a hand held steam cleaner may work well but am just fishing here.

Any ideas on how to shine the external black vinyl leather? thanks, ahead.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback
406 Posts
Vinyl leather????

Anyway, I bought the Weiman's leather cleaner recently and plan on probably using it later today. I'll let you know how it goes. I also bought a vinyl product--I don't remember the specific product but I'll let you know how I like that too.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback
406 Posts
I used the Weimans on the seats (with holes) and it worked well. I've used it in the past in the house and on cars, but I'm not so sure about with holes. What I like about it, other than the fact Weiman makes good substances for various materials, is it doesn't leave stuff behind that you feel like would keep you from wearing nice clothes as some automotive products do.

For the plastic I used this stuff for the first time. Seemed to go on well with relatively little residue, but I'm not sure I'm to the point of recommending it.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,280 Posts
it is plasticized leather... gentle cleaning soap water plus leather conditioner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts