Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer wanted to sell me their clear bra and body protector and they seemed to offer me a pretty good deal, but I was already at my budget limit so I had to say no. I also remembered reading here or somewhere that some people did not like the standard clear protector offered because it did not go up high enough on the car (or something like that).

**For those of you with experience, can you tell me what your thoughts are on these clear protector products, ones I should looked for or stay away from, and just some general thoughts?**

After seeing how banged up the hood and front end of my van was with dings and marks and all that I would like to protect the new OB if I can. You can't drive down a nice road on a clear and sunny day in Colorado without something attacking your front end.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2012 OB 2.5 Limited CVT Satin White, Nav, Roof, bodyside moldings, rear bumper underguard, 3M Paint Protection
121 Posts
While some consider it falling somewhere on the continuum between a mere waste of money and a complete and total joke, I'm on record as being a big believer in clear bra.....and think it's worth every penny in asset protection. Whether you choose 3M, Venture Shield, Xpel, or something other brand, just be sure to invest in professional installation rather than try it yourself and risk problems.

This is my second vehicle with the product (I used vinyl bras for the better part of the previous 20 years), and I likely will never own another car without it. FYI, pricing does seem to be pretty much all over the board from around $400 to as much as $700 for typical coverage of front bumper, leading edge of the hood, headlights, fog lights, and outside mirrors.

3M is easily the best known, though they also own the Venture Shield brand (which I had on my last vehicle, and for which I had a better application than the 3M). But while there's little question 3M is best known and most widely used, I myself feel that you can have a very good experience with others if properly installed.

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,868 Posts
car window tint shops often offer clear bra installation as well so, you could price it around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts