Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there individual lights behind the buttons on a 97 outback legacy??? Half of my buttons dont light up at night. If there is individual lights, are they easy to change???

·
Registered
375 Posts
There are usually 2-3 bulbs behind the unit, depending on the exact model. My 2001 had 3 for the manual HVAC unit. I'm not sure if it is 2 or 3 for the automatic.

They are fairly easy to replace, if you are willing to be somewhat patient. There's a couple threads on this forum (can google "site:subaruoutback.org HVAC bulbs") that go over how to replace them in a 1997/1998 model which should be exactly what you want.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, I will check them out. Thanks for your help. Will be finally be nice to see exactly what buttons I'm pressing at night.

·
Registered
355 Posts
All of my buttons work, but there isn't a light behind the slider for the temp control, or the knob for the fan, I would imagine those light up?

Overall I'm not horribly impressed with the HVAC layout in my outback.
I have the same problem with my dash switches, fire dogfights and cruise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
dianer
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing