Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a MY05 Subaru Outback (Australian version). With the climate control, it seems that everytime I turn it on, it defaults to the "circulate the air from outside" mode. I prefer the air conditioner to just circulate the air already inside the car, so the car doesn't fill up with big city smog. Is there a way to get it to default to this setting everytime I turn it on?

Han.

·
Registered
2020 Outback LDF MSRP $37,383
102 Posts
Try setting the initial temp a little higher than ambient ... maybe 6 degrees different. My auto A/C always defaults to inside circulate. After getting to temperature, it then automatically moves to outside air. BUT I haven't yet turned on the auto start when I know the requirement will be for heat. So far my set temps have been lower than outside. kinda anxious to see what happens in the winter.

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Hi Han,

I've found if it's set to auto then you press the recirculate button to close off outside air it will keep that setting and still do everything else auto. So hit Auto button and set temperature, then close the vent with the button, it should then do what you want.

Cheers and welcome

Karl

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the replies. I do know that turning on the air conditioning, then manually setting it to inside circulate works, but is there a way for this to be the default setting everytime I turn it on?

Regards,

Han.

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
I guess you mean that you are turning the ventillation system off at times then want it on recirculate when you hit Auto. I don't think this can be done, I leave mine on all the time anyway so it seems to me the thing to do is just leave it on having set it the way you want it. Even though the word auto turns off when you close the outside air vent it will still auto control temp and fan speed for you, unless you also move the controls for one of those.

Cheers,
Karl

·
Friendly Subaru Dealer, ,
47 Posts
Hmmm...When you turn the Auto Climate control on, it sets the temp control to the optimum settings. For example, if you set it to 65 degrees F, (the lowest AC setting) it should automatically set to inside air-that's max AC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts