Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the car in August from the dealer. In September I noticed a loud "clunking" sound when going over even small bumps. I took it to the dealer and they kept it 2 weeks. They ended up saying it was some joint on the strut that was a manufacturer defect. Noise went away for a while.

Next the "clunking" noise started again in November and by December was very noticeable. It seemed random like with deceleration at slow speeds or sometimes with acceleration at low speeds. I took it back in and they kept it 2 weeks. Said it was a problem with a spring.

About 2 weeks later I began to hear the same clunking noise again. Now it is constant with any braking, turning a sharp left or even slow acceleration. It sounds like its under my foot pedal or close by. Anyone else riding in the car hears it also and says it definitely doesn't sound normal.

I am really disappointed that I am going to have to bring the new car in again. It means taking time off work for both me and someone else to drive me there and then back when the car is done. Should I try a different service center? Should I start researching Lemon Law? I have never had any problems with prior vehicles and this is my first Subaru. Has anyone had similar noise issues with a brand new Outback? Thx for any advice.

Any advice on how to deal with this at the dealership?

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i Premium/DDD Graphite Gray Metallic OP#2 Weathertec Window Deflectors
405 Posts
There were some drivers complaining about there mud flaps, turn the wheel to the left and see if it clears your tire, or its rubbing. If not I would call SOA and ask them what is your next step, they had your car (4) weeks already, check your Lemon Law handbook in your folder,every state has different rules.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. I will definitely check out the mudflaps and will call SOA if that's not it.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,323 Posts
It seems that dealer can't figure it out. I'd try somewhere new.

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i Premium/DDD Graphite Gray Metallic OP#2 Weathertec Window Deflectors
405 Posts
It seems that dealer can't figure it out. I'd try somewhere new.
Why, it's brand new, he started having trouble with it two months after he bought it, where is customer service, gone!!! He shoudn't have to go in his on pocket to fix it, your way of thinking is wrong.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,323 Posts
Did you read what I said?

Take it to another dealer. As you should with any car under warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts