Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'06 outback xt
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find there doesn't seem to be enough room on the left side of the pedal when pushed to the floor. I haven't had my 3rd gen long, and recently after installing a bunch of shift feel upgrades I found it didn't seem to be shifting as well as I'd hoped. Then I noticed the left side of my foot was hitting the floor before the clutch made it all the way down, preventing the clutch from fully disengaging. So now I can shift fine as long as I remember to use the left side of my foot to put the clutch down. Does anyone else get annoyed by that in this car?

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,345 Posts
interesting

there may be a little room left in the 'throw' to adjust the release point higher.

or maybe there's a way to thicken or raise the pad on the pedal?

·
Registered
'06 outback xt
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did think about pedal adjustment but haven't tried messing with it. I like your idea about the pad. Right now the clutch pedal has no pad/cover on it, just metal. Now to decide on stock rubber cover or new pedal set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts