Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for advice on the 5mt. I've been lurking for a while and recently got a 2005 obxt. I've been accumulating stage3 parts for BNR16G turbo support while shopping for a "build off". I've seen differing opinions on the site saying that stock trannies can hold up to 400hp and others saying stage2 is the limit. Should I upgrade the clutch? Any recommendations for specific clutch packages?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a bit more descriptive follow-up to my first post. I will be doing a laundry list of upgrades now that I have the car. To the engine, this includes:

BNR16G hybrid turbo with turbo blanket,
Grimmspeed PnP ceramic-coated headers,
Fast Motorsports catless ceramic coated UP,
Invidia 3" Down pipe,
Grimmspeed EBCS,
Torque Solutions TMIC,
TGV Deletes,
DW740cc injectors with W255,
Megan racing mounts
Infamous1 tune for 91octane

I have a few questions:
1. I see differing opinions on stock trannies ranging from claims that they're fine for up to 400hp and others saying stage2 is the limit.
-Should I upgrade the clutch?
-If so, any recommendations for specific clutch packages? I was thinking Exedy Organic or ClutchmasterFX300

2. Are the 2005-2009 LGT and OBXT transmissions identical? There seem to be a lot of packages listed for the LGT's and I'm having trouble discerning which transmission-clutch components are compatible with a 2005 OBXT.

3. I pre-emptively bought a TSK3 kit on a whim, but the car was manufactured in 11/04 (Before the 01/05 date in the instructions). Does that mean the TSK3 is unnecessary or will not fit?

4. Any recommendations for anything else I should be thinking about that I might have missed?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
1 Participant
dahoseman
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing