Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Dear All:

I am happy to note that we are now Authorised Cobb Accesstuner Pro Tuner.

What that means is that we can now tune your Cobb Accessport and not requiring you to removed it for me to tune you.

We will still be offering Opensource Tuning and support #BTSSM along with those tunes.

For those with Automatic transmission, we are working with Cobbs Support to support additional maps for what we have in Opensource for XTMP and enhance transmission operations.

Please see our information for Cobb Tuning by #XtremeRacingTuning

In addition, if you are a member of this Forum, we will be offering a 5% discount on our Pro Tuning packages.

Cobb Tuning by Xtreme Racing Tuning

·
Registered
2001 OBW VDC, 2004 WRX, 1999 LEGACY L (in a heap)
1,302 Posts
how soon will you clarify what your tuning stages involve? very interested.

Cobb OTS Calibration review with minor tuning to correct issues – $215USD

Stage 1 Full Tuning – $395USD
Stage 2 Full Tuning – $425USD
Stage 3 Full Tuning – Please contact us.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tuning stages will be in comparison Cobb OTS Stages. Example:

Stage 1 - Stock to Air Filter to Axle Back
Stage 2 - Stage 1 mods but with new Intake system and Turboback
Stage 3/Custom Tuning - Injector Tuning, Turbocharges, Speed Density Tuning, Flex Tuning

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,151 Posts
This is great news. It means those who are on the AP platform can benefit from XRT expertise. Even though I sold my AP to get my tactrix and my 1st tune with XRT several years ago.

All of us in the XRT community are very happy about this. It does mean we have to stop cracking jokes about COBB

·
Registered
'17 Outback Limited 3.6R in Venetian Red.
489 Posts
As someone who has had an XRT Stage 2 for over a year, I'm really proud and happy that XRT is getting the credit and notoriety that they deserve. I've greatly enjoyed the significant performance and drive ability improvement my 3.6R OB has received from Ed's tune. Bravo!

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,305 Posts
For some strange reason, this excites me now. I wonder why...

·
Master Caster
16,151 Posts
For some strange reason, this excites me now. I wonder why...
I would contact Ed directly. I do believe Ed will favor the EcuEdit via Ecuflash with a laptop vs the AP delivered platform. The last comment I heard Ed make is that the AP software was limited is some of the tables and he was requesting they (COBB) expand (or introduce) more usable tables he is use to.

Also the AP is $650 new...$350 for used or older version. (none of which come with the happy vape content) The tactrix will set you back less than $200 even if you get the extension cable (I would) You also get support from tactrix, they have repaired (2) ecus for me. (cheap)

Again, My comments are juvenile, I am a long time happy XRT customer. However, I am a caveman in the world of drive by wire. That's why I have Ed.

If I were you, get a tactrix, and get a custom tune.

Unless you want to use the AP as a gauge cluster....Then that makes sense for some. You can get live gauges for as many as 6 I think. I personally dislike looking a pod on a pod holder for data. I don't do my nav on phone like that either. So gauges on phone pod seems alien to me.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would contact Ed directly. I do believe Ed will favor the EcuEdit via Ecuflash with a laptop vs the AP delivered platform. The last comment I heard Ed make is that the AP software was limited is some of the tables and he was requesting they (COBB) expand (or introduce) more usable tables he is use to.

Again, My comments are juvenile, I am a long time happy XRT cuntomer. However, I am a caveman in the world of drive by wire. That's why I have Ed.
Lol

Just mapping the throttle for the 2018 USDM Legacy 2.5i CVT. Stressful. This posting offer a break.

·
Registered
2005 Outback LL Bean 3.0
250 Posts
how soon will you clarify what your tuning stages involve? very interested.

Cobb OTS Calibration review with minor tuning to correct issues – $215USD

Stage 1 Full Tuning – $395USD
Stage 2 Full Tuning – $425USDk
Stage 3 Full Tuning – Please contact us.
Is the calibration review and minor tuning applicable to a 2005 5eat?

·
Master Caster
16,151 Posts
I will say the 2005 and 2006 Jatco (that's important) responds very well to XRT tuning via ECU management. I happen to have both. Both XRT tuned.

Search Me...

My XRT tuned 5EATs are my favorite parts of my cars. The Jatco Units are probably the best transmission ever bolted into a modern 6-Star car. But that's me. The old-school 5-speed manual/dual range transfer case was the ...( . )( . )'s

·
Registered
2005 Outback LL Bean 3.0
250 Posts
I will say the 2005 and 2006 Jatco (that's important) responds very well to XRT tuning via ECU management. I happen to have both. Both XRT tuned.

Search Me...

My XRT tuned 5EATs are my favorite parts of my cars. The Jato Units are probably the best transmission ever bolted into a modern 6-Star car. The old-school 5-speed manual/dual range transfer case was the ...( . )( . )'s
Do you happen to know the model number of the 05 jatco? Are the 05 and 06 identical? I have fantasized about owning a later model brat with the 4 speed manual dual range transfer case. But that'll be a long shot.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,305 Posts
Unless you want to use the AP as a gauge cluster....Then that makes sense for some. You can get live gauges for as many as 6 I think.
That is one feature I like. My ScanGauge II is about obsolete these days.

Reactions: traildogck

·
Master Caster
16,151 Posts
Do you happen to know the model number of the 05 jatco? Are the 05 and 06 identical? I have fantasized about owning a later model brat with the 4 speed manual dual range transfer case. But that'll be a long shot.
From My understanding ... the '05-06 are unique and similar/same.

For example, there is a valve body mod, by HexMods @rasterman has this. It is Bolton applicable to 2005-2006 unit. The 2007 git a Aisin unit if am correct.

My 1st 5 Subarus had the h/L transfer case. My last 3 modern ones did not. The last 2 have had the 5EAT.

·
Registered
2005 Outback LL Bean 3.0
250 Posts
From My understanding ... the '05-06 are unique and similar/same.

For example, there is a valve body mod, by HexMods @rasterman has this. It is Bolton applicable to 2005-2006 unit. The 2007 git a Aisin unit if am correct.

My 1st 5 Subarus had the h/L transfer case. My last 3 modern ones did not. The last 2 have had the 5EAT.

I think this is approaching territory I'm not capable/ comfortable/financially /logistically conformable with.
Dreams of grandeur I suppose. Thanks for the response.

Tyler

1 - 17 of 17 Posts