Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
05 XT
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was thinking of buying the Cobb Cold air Intake system, When i saw that there were two different kinds. One of them is for if you have an Intake Air Temp Sensor(IAT), and one is for if you don't have an IAT. It Says only 2002+ models MAY be equipped with them. I need to know how to check and what i have. I have a 2003 Subaru Outback. Is there any way to check?

Here's the link:
http://cobbtuning.com/legacy/powerpackages.html#cai

Thanks,
Will

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Look at your stock airbox setup. If there is a wire going to a sensor on the big black plastic airbox pointing right at you when you open the hood, then you have an intake air temp sensor. Otherwise there will not be any wires or sensors on the rest of the plumbing. My wife's '03 Baja has it, my '02 OBS doesn't. The Cobb kit just includes an extra hole in the aluminum piping I think for the IAT. Not a big change. Brian

·
Registered
05 XT
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When i'm looking directly at my airbox, i see on the left front of the airbox a black wire coming out of it. Is that the IAT, or is it somewhere else?

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Bingo! That would be it. Looking at the engine from the front of the car, it's to the left of the throttle body on/in the airbox that houses the air filter. You got it. Now order that beast! Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts