Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Very nice, just like mine. Now align the hose clamps all the same way and you're in business for showing it off to everyone. Brian

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
uh, Brian, no offense meant but i'm not sure that everyone gets the same thrill out of looking at engine bays that some of us sickos do......:crazyeye:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have noticed a power difference. Bheinz, does your car start to get much louder when you hit 4000 rpm, or when you put the pedal to the ground?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Northstar--

since i installed my CAI (not Cobb tho), i've had increased induction noise at 3/4 throttle or better and at high rpm; i think this is pretty much inherent in such...the intake silencing is part of the airflow restrictions you're getting rid of when you install CAI. even K&N in stock airbox, with no other mods to the snorkel etc, has increased induction noise on most cars i've done it to (6 or 7 at this point, all different brands and engine sizes). one place it seems most noticeable on the Sub is on freeway when cruise control is trying to maintain 80-85 up a steep hill.

of course, i like the noise......i'm a dinosaur who still remembers the sound of big blocks sucking air when the secondaries open fully...sort of low moan. keep loose clothing and low flyin birds away from inlet....:D

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
I have noticed a power difference. Bheinz, does your car start to get much louder when you hit 4000 rpm, or when you put the pedal to the ground?
You know what, yes. But to be honest...My whole car is freakin' loud. I have a full Stainless system with a high flow cat section and it isn't for the faint of ear . But yes, I remember back when I had only intake sound and a quieter exhaust. Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
bheinz57
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing