Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

We have had some really cold weather over the last week or so and I have noticed that my backend...not mine... the car's...really creaks when going over some intense road bumps. Just wondering if anyone here has noticed this in extreme cold.

Temperatures have been down to -14 C (6.8 F) to -24 C (-11.2 F) with the windchill. I can't remember if I had this issue the last couple of winters...but just thought I would ask if anyone else has had this with extreme cold. Tomorrow the temps are supposed to go to +4 C (39 F)...talk about temp swings huh?

·
Registered
Mostly stock 2012 6MT.
665 Posts
Just moved from Sunny California, to Colorado Springs. The first week I was here, highs were in the teens and twentys, getting well below 0 at night. When I was leaving my apartment complex, the something in the front end makes a little groan. It's in the 50s now, and the sound disappeared. So I contributed it to the cold weather.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium
232 Posts
We have -15 C and something in the back creaks as if it is getting paid for!

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6 premium, rear sway bar, and way too many accessories. Anything that can make Boston winters more tolerable (e.g. remote start, molded wintertech snow mats etc).
279 Posts
Same here...seems like I can gauge the outside temperature by the number of creaks and groans my car exhibits in pulling out of the driveway. Rubbing in the bushings? Not sure...most cars I have dealt with have exhibited this. I will say that my subie was not as chatty its first winter in Boston, but now in its second, it does make alot of old man noise!
Christopher

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...nice to see I am not the only one with cold backend creaks. Doesn't surprise me as things tend to tighten up in the cold. Funny how you notice new things after three years of driving a car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts