Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Ohio Valley we experienced some very cold temperatures on 12/24 and 12/25 (0-5 degrees F with lower wind-chills). On these mornings, my 05' OB XT would not start without pumping the throttle and several cranks. Battery was fine, but it seemed like there was no fuel going into system. I have always used 93 octane Shell V-Power gas.

Dealer and 1(800) subaru3, stated they knew of no TSB at this time on cold starts.

Anybody out there have any problems yet in the cold???

hosscat

BTW, once my car did start, the 12"+ of snow was no problem for this car!

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,417 Posts
At 2 degrees farenheit a couple days ago, I had no trouble. It turned over on the first try.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Had no problem with mine the other day, Work at DIA and the temps drop below -5 when that artic air came in Thru the 23rd i think, it started on the second attemp. Wondering if you have the multi grade oil in it?? Remember one time that when i was in the Navy station in Long Beach, Ca. came out to Colo. for the holidays and the temps drop to the single digits, and i had lighter oil grade in my car and did'nt start, so i had to get an electic oil stick to warm up the oil..

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
My OBXT started in -30C (-22F) without any problems.

Make sure you have no water in your gas tank. You might want to pour a gas anti-freez bottle into the tank. It is basically just alcohhol that mixes with the water and allows it to pass through your system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
FastSly
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing