Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an OutBack 2017. I met with an accident last week. My wife was injured whereas I and my son came out without any scratches. All the Airbags were deployed and vehicles suffered frontal damage.

In case, Insurance company decides if worthwhile to repair, I was looking for recommendations for collision body shop repairs in the Atlanta Area. Do share your experience and anything else that I should keep in mind. See attachment that shows the damage.

Thanks in Advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Convenience
1,319 Posts
Good luck navigating this @sakshar!
Well, you have some fluids, so it is pretty significant. Your insurance company should have a list of approved shops, people they know do good work and can guarantee results/their work. See what they recommend. Wish I could help but I am nowhere near Atlanta!

If repair is the way they go, do ask them about diminished value and how you're compensated for it. A repaired car, no matter how good the shop is, is a mar on the resale value.

Make sure they look at the drivetrain to be sure nothing for messed up at the diff/trans/engine. The wheel looks OK, so it might be unscathed. So the work looks like radiator, hood, fender, light, bumper cover, likely bumper, passenger door, pillar look OK as the obvious things. Less obvious would be engine mounts, control arms, air box, half-axle, sub-frame....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts