Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide between the twilight blue/off-black interior and a deep indigo/ivory interior 2013 outback. Anyone have any pics of either to share?

Thanks!

·
Registered
572 Posts
I would go Twilight Blue. Its a new color and the indigo has been around since 2010 I believe. We have the Ivory cloth interior in our Venetian Red Pearl 2013 and we really like it. We have small kiddos and did not flinch going with the ivory. Are you going with cloth or leather? If you go with cloth and the darker color you will have continual visits from dust bunnies (these bunnies visit lighter interiors as well, but you canont see them). Leather in the dark one would not be too bad, but with cloth keep a lint brush in your car

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't have any photos, but my preference would be the indigo/ivory. Our first choice was the twilight blue, but when I saw it in person it wasn't as blue as I hoped. More gray-like to my eyes.

The indigo looks really classy, IMO. I prefer lighter interiors just because i think the car feels more closed in with darker colors.

We ended up getting white pearl because it was the lightest color available with the SAP package.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Prior to looking at Outbacks in person, my first choice was the indigo blue with ivory cloth interior. The blue was much darker in person and the ivory interior makes the interior look much larger. I really liked it.

My wife was the voice of reason with the ivory interior. We will be starting a family soon and she made me realize that ivory would show stains more then the dark interior. I realized that have a family member that has a car with an ivory interior and it really does show stains.

Our compromise was dark gray exterior with dark interior.

Also, the twilight blue is very light. It will be good for hiding dust and dirt but it was just too light of a shade of blue for me.

Edited to Add: My wife and I would've gone with indigo blue with ivory interior in a heart beat if we wanted leather.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've got Deep Indigo with Ivory and I think it looks fantastic. I've yet to have an ivory interior that got really dirty or at least dirty enough to where it couldn't be cleaned easily.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Everyone will have their own opinion. Everybody likes different things. I have seen some ugly cars but their owners chose to buy them. Buy what you like so you do not have second thoughts after you buy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Twilight Blue with Ivory leather (you can get twilight with either color interior). For me it came down to three things. I think Ivory looks better with the wood interior trim, it gets pretty hot in the ATL and the other color is basically black, and it's what my wife wanted. :D

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I belive Indigo was a new for 12 color. I like the twilight/black but sometimes feel it's too black inside vs a lighter more open feel of tan or cream or whatever it is called

·
Registered
6 Posts
Color choices

I think the web site has samples of the different colors. I am shopping for an Outback myself and the wife an I were looking at the different combinations.
Unfortunately for us, we want a lite colored interior like a lite gray....white will be a disaster and she is totally against black (i could care less).... But, I think the color choices are really limited.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think the web site has samples of the different colors. I am shopping for an Outback myself and the wife an I were looking at the different combinations.
Unfortunately for us, we want a lite colored interior like a lite gray....white will be a disaster and she is totally against black (i could care less).... But, I think the color choices are really limited.
Unfortunately, the website colors are nothing close to real life. The best you can come to seeing the colors without seeing the cars is a hard copy of an Outback brochure.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I would go Twilight Blue. Its a new color and the indigo has been around since 2010 I believe.

Twilight blue came out in 2012 and replaced azurite blue. I love the Deep Indigo, but the light interior turned me off.

I love my twilight blue and get a bunch of compliments. One way to look at it is that the twilight blue will look cleaner since it's lighter.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the Twilight Blue with Ivory leather (you can get twilight with either color interior). For me it came down to three things. I think Ivory looks better with the wood interior trim, it gets pretty hot in the ATL and the other color is basically black, and it's what my wife wanted. :D
Just curious. Did you have to order that combination? Do you have Eyesight? I'm leaning toward the Twilight/Ivory with Eyesight, but haven't seen one in my area.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've got the deep indigo/ivory limited (leather). So far it has handled FAR better than I anticipated, and the leather makes it easy to wipe off simple scuffs/smears. I would recommend it.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
...Luke...come to the dark side...:29:

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have both 12 and 13 brochures and Twlight Blue came out only in 13.
That said the Twlight Blue with Warm Ivory Leather is what we picked because we are typically using the Outback in Florida where it is hot and we don't dirty any interior ever so it matters not which one hides dirt better but which one is better for comfort.
Wish I could get cloth actually but Limited not able to do so...

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I would also go with a dark interior. My 2004 has a light tan interior and it's difficult to keep clean (if it didn't have leather seats, it would be impossible!). One benefit to a light interior, though: it doesn't heat up quite as much when it sits in the sun. Of course, the exterior color has a lot to do with that, too.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm trying to decide between the twilight blue/off-black interior and a deep indigo/ivory interior 2013 outback. Anyone have any pics of either to share?

Thanks!
I the best photos are probably Subaru's and the site below should help. Note the links to interior and exterior photos.

Subaru 2013 Outback research webpage- specs, options, colors, photos, and more

There are a lot of these cars around me via two in the family, my association with IMBA, trail work, and being a ski area director. Also plenty of older Outbacks. The nicest looking ones at one level are the colors that don't become dated. For exterior the white, silver, and lighter colored cars are best about not showing dirt and scratches. The off black will show dust and the tan will show grime.

I chose silver to make a break with 28 years of white cars and because I'd rather wipe off dust than scrub or forever live with grime and stains. My 80 y.o. mother in law does fine with the pretty light color. I don't know if your life style would make one choice better and enjoy!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
24 Participants
Hunny Bunny
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing