Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
I the best photos are probably Subaru's and the site below should help. Note the links to interior and exterior photos.

Subaru 2013 Outback research webpage- specs, options, colors, photos, and more

There are a lot of these cars around me via two in the family, my association with IMBA, trail work, and being a ski area director. Also plenty of older Outbacks. The nicest looking ones at one level are the colors that don't become dated. For exterior the white, silver, and lighter colored cars are best about not showing dirt and scratches. The off black will show dust and the tan will show grime.

I chose silver to make a break with 28 years of white cars and because I'd rather wipe off dust than scrub or forever live with grime and stains. My 80 y.o. mother in law does fine with the pretty light color. I don't know if your life style would make one choice better and enjoy!
Agreed. My 2004 is silver and despite about a billion nicks, scratches, etc. you don't see most of them unless you are close to the car and are intentionally looking for imperfections.

·
Registered
2019 Outback 3.6R Touring - Cinnamon Brown Pearl
236 Posts
I have the Twilight Blue with Ivory leather (you can get twilight with either color interior). For me it came down to three things. I think Ivory looks better with the wood interior trim, it gets pretty hot in the ATL and the other color is basically black, and it's what my wife wanted. :D
Ditto. :D The WIF ruled here also. Still waiting for ours to arrive . . .

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
i got a good deal with the warm ivory interior. after a month and cleaning almost every day i HATED IT!!!!!

·
Registered
2013 3.6 Limited; twilight blue metalic with off black leather interior, back seat & bumper protectors; Born July 27, 2012; First Subie.
21 Posts
I got Twilight/Off Black, leather; love it. The blue metallic shifts in the sun; the black interior, IMHO, should do well with any messes, etc. As far as living in a hot environ, I live in Phoenix area and did some research. Basically, from what I read, the lighter interior will get as warm as the dark. It just takes a bit longer to get there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I the best photos are probably Subaru's and the site below should help. Note the links to interior and exterior photos.

Subaru 2013 Outback research webpage- specs, options, colors, photos, and more

There are a lot of these cars around me via two in the family, my association with IMBA, trail work, and being a ski area director. Also plenty of older Outbacks. The nicest looking ones at one level are the colors that don't become dated. For exterior the white, silver, and lighter colored cars are best about not showing dirt and scratches. The off black will show dust and the tan will show grime.

I chose silver to make a break with 28 years of white cars and because I'd rather wipe off dust than scrub or forever live with grime and stains. My 80 y.o. mother in law does fine with the pretty light color. I don't know if your life style would make one choice better and enjoy!
This site is great. It has been very helpful.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Ltd, Twilight Blue
4 Posts
Just curious. Did you have to order that combination? Do you have Eyesight? I'm leaning toward the Twilight/Ivory with Eyesight, but haven't seen one in my area.
I did have to order it, but they found one at another dealer while I was waiting.

I ordered at the end of July, and when the delivery date came in it was October something, so they started looking and found one before they even called me.

The twilight blue is an awesome color. In some light it looks almost purple.

I would get it no matter which engine it has :)

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback 3.6 Limited - Twilight Blue
167 Posts
From the online brochure the photo of the Twilight Blue car driving thru the woods pretty much sold us until we actually sat down to order the car and the dealer showed us the paint sample from the actual physical brochure - after that we switched to the Deep Indigo Pearl and haven't looked back. Not sure how to describe it but Twilight Blue looks grey-ish purple in person which wasn't really what we wanted.

As for the interior this is a personal preference. We like the dark/ivory color contrast on the Limited w/ 'wood' (anyone know if its real?? I dont think so.). I usually scrub down and recondition the leather on my other car twice a year so up-keeping light colored leather isn't a problem for me.

I'd snap a pic of the cars for you to compare but you really have to see it in person to make a good decision.

·
Banned
238 Posts
From the online brochure the photo of the Twilight Blue car driving thru the woods pretty much sold us until we actually sat down to order the car and the dealer showed us the paint sample from the actual physical brochure - after that we switched to the Deep Indigo Pearl and haven't looked back. Not sure how to describe it but Twilight Blue looks grey-ish purple in person which wasn't really what we wanted.
You essentially have compared apples to oranges in this case :D
I've bought twilight blue metallic 3.6R and just for fun compared a brochure sample and my car next to each other. Actually, that small square TBM paint sample from the printed brochure is very much off in comparison with the real TBM car color. The sample is more light greyish with a subtle purple undertone and flatter than the actual car color, which doesn't have any purple in it under the same lighting conditions. I love my twilight blue metallic because it is less boring and stands out from the crowd of all those subaru's majority colors. It better hides dust and dirt than grey, indigo, red and black colors.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts