Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just got a Comma Two and have had it installed in my 2020 outback recently hoping that the current developments thus far would be compatible with it.

Every other Subaru Global Platform (Impreza/Crosstrek/Forester/Ascent) car has been compatible with OpenPilot with a forked version of openpilot made by MartinL.

The Global outback isn't a fully supported yet but this thread will serve as a WIP log for future developments.

Previously, its been stated that the 2020+ outback specifically had required some pins on the comma harness to be swapped, however recent rumors have stated that this may not be the case.

Current state as of Jan 9 2021: Outback support within Martin's Fork (martinl/openpilot) has not been added yet. In the official Comma.ai discord groups, another person and I have comma twos installed on 2020+ outbacks.
MartinL(mlp) has been on break since November and not been able to develop more for subaru.

If anyone has any experience or interest in adding openpilot support to the global outback, you are welcome in the comma.ai #subaru chat room.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
9,029 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I just got a Comma Two and have had it installed in my 2020 outback recently hoping that the current developments thus far would be compatible with it.

Every other Subaru Global Platform (Impreza/Crosstrek/Forester/Ascent) car has been compatible with OpenPilot with a forked version of openpilot made by MartinL.

The Global outback isn't a fully supported yet but this thread will serve as a WIP log for future developments.

Previously, its been stated that the 2020+ outback specifically had required some pins on the comma harness to be swapped, however recent rumors have stated that this may not be the case.

Current state as of Jan 9 2021: Outback support within Martin's Fork (martinl/openpilot) has not been added yet. In the official Comma.ai discord groups, another person and I have comma twos installed on 2020+ outbacks.
MartinL(mlp) has been on break since November and not been able to develop more for subaru.

If anyone has any experience or interest in adding openpilot support to the global outback, you are welcome in the comma.ai #subaru chat room.

Fancy seeing you here! :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts