Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year Folks,

Well I decided to play the role of Santa this year and bought the family a 2013 Outback. Very excited for the new arrival later this month.

One challenge remains: containing my dog in the back. With my 2007 Impreza I was able to rig up a system with a dog barrier from Petsmart that kept my pooch in the back as opposed to sitting on my kids. The system wasn't perfect and constantly required tinkering.

With a new car I'd like to do this properly, however I nearly had a stroke when I learned that the separator offered by Subaru Canada is nearly $450!! (I'm Canadian eh?)

Does anyone have a lead on where to purchase cheaper aftermarket products? I'm happy to order from the USA and pick in VT or NY if need be.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks. Great price. Now I need to figure out if the separator is compatible with child seats.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Limited
41 Posts
The Subaru barrier is great but I opted for the Walky Guard Car Barrier. It mounts to the headrest posts in the car and works great for my lab.

I purchased two extra clamps for more 'security/stability' but never needed them.

More info here: http://www.petego.com/

-Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts