Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005, Subaru Outback 3.0r LL BEAN
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so it WAS my transmission that went out:( and the driveline too!
Now I am on the hunt for a transmission for this car!
It is a 2005 Subaru Outback LL BEAN 3.0r 5eat Sportshift

I have been trying to do a lot of research and cannot seem to find a definitive answer, will a legacy GT 5sp auto work on my car? Or will a outback XT 5sp auto work on it?
My BIG question is

Will this tranny from a Liberty bolt up?
I'm worried about needing to locate a new rear diff? Will I need to for any of these trannys?
If I go with the JDM tranny what do I need to do to get it to work with my USDM engine and rear diff?

·
Registered
1999 30th Anniversary Legacy Outback DOHC 2.5L 4EAT, 2008 Impreza WRX 2.5L 5MT, 2008 Impreza Wagon 2.5L 4EAT
1,224 Posts
On your transmission and on the data plate for your car should be a transmission identification number TG5C7CMXXX where the three X's vary. You can check your data plate/transmission and find one with the same identification.

Car-part.com lists only 2005/2006 Model Years as interchangeable.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,846 Posts
FYI under your avatar it says you got a 2.5I

and not a 2005 Bean,

if you click the link next to the question mark in my signature you can fix or add.

_______

Libertys are like Legacys.

you maybe isolated to 245-250hp 3.0 outbacks, or JDM lancasters. for differences in gear ratios/ specs, as few will be the exact match.

I would call Subaru Rupair in Colorado and ask if they have a matching one and how much would it be to ship to you.
they can also verify what you should be looking for (at least in the USDM).

·
Premium Member
2006 Outback Sedan LLBean
626 Posts
Well that pic looks like the same description as yours. 05 3.0. giddy-up!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005, Subaru Outback 3.0r LL BEAN
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI under your avatar it says you got a 2.5I

and not a 2005 Bean,

if you click the link next to the question mark in my signature you can fix or add.

_______

Libertys are like Legacys.

you maybe isolated to 245-250hp 3.0 outbacks, or JDM lancasters. for differences in gear ratios/ specs, as few will be the exact match.

I would call Subaru Rupair in Colorado and ask if they have a matching one and how much would it be to ship to you.
they can also verify what you should be looking for (at least in the USDM).

Ok I fixed my Sig from my old Subie to the new one... thank you!

Ok I will give them a jingle and see.

So what is the difference between the JDM and the USDM trannys anyways? Is there something backwards on them? Or anything I need to worry about or custom fab?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts