Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Subaru outback 3.0 H6 ll bean limited 152000 miles, 2005 subaru outback base 268000 miles
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
my pick n pull has wery strict rules. im using dewalt sawzall works very good.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,628 Posts
theydont allow any tools that produce sparks at my pick n pull
yeah, I have been to 4 of them so far,... and the all have different rules.

. nice if they have a dude with a van load of cutting tools that you can pay by the minute if you get stuck. (and he does not have to follow rules as he works there).,
but a pro-junk yard can do the same. you just take a marker and draw where you want them to cut, = marking a lot more than you "need", and you agree to pay them and they "get it done",

one of the pick and pulls had the owners son doing that. (was one of those sad places where they leave all the cars flat on the mud,...so if you want things like you need they have to come and put it up on a fixed lift).

·
Registered
2008 Subaru outback 3.0 H6 ll bean limited 152000 miles, 2005 subaru outback base 268000 miles
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
my Dad knows how to cut it out. Quote that i got for full quarter pane (window, everything behind the skin) for little more than 100$ what do you all think is that a good deal?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,628 Posts
my Dad knows how to cut it out. Quote that i got for full quarter pane (window, everything behind the skin) for little more than 100$ what do you all think is that a good deal?
I would think $60 would be a good deal if a DIY cut,
and maybe $200 for a pro at a yard to do it.

just depends upon what you can agree on, vs. driving farther. (where I live its rural and slim pickings,....so yeah it takes a whole day to hit a pick/ pull 100 miles out, or a good pro junk yard a hour away).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I would think $60 would be a good deal if a DIY cut,
and maybe $200 for a pro at a yard to do it.

just depends upon what you can agree on, vs. driving farther. (where I live its rural and slim pickings,....so yeah it takes a whole day to hit a pick/ pull 100 miles out, or a good pro junk yard a hour away).
i will try to go lower but will see. thanks

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,628 Posts
i will try to go lower but will see. thanks
its hard,...keep in mind they are their to make money,

maybe grab up some more things you need,

paint color matters zero in this case. as the thing is going to get primed and painted anyway.

and welcome. lots of great 2005-2009 threads to read back though.
VDC is great, = H6 3.0 is nice until you pump the super gas. = eliminate idling as much as you can as parked / crawling traffic they get thirsty. (and be happy you don't have a turbo EJ255 which likes even more super gas).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thank you all for help i got all the parts for repair.

i created new tread where i will be posting updates if you want to take a look.

Thank you all again for all the answers and support.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts