Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the 24 month complimentary service offer has been discussed here before.

I have been operating on the assumption that this was valid only at the selling dealership, but from looking on Subaru's page it looks like it's available at any participating dealership.

We had the choice of 2 dealers in town, but only one had the specific car that we wanted, so we bought there. The other dealer is closer, and would be a better service partner for us in the long term.

Anyone have experience getting a non-selling dealer to honor the complimentary service offer?

·
Registered
2012 2.5i Premium CVT
921 Posts
I believe the deal is with SOA, and not with the dealership, so you have the freedom to go wherever.

I made an appointment with a different dealer for my 7.5k oil change. I scheduled it online and referenced my Service agreement number. The agreement number is on something that was mailed to me after purchase. I keep it in the glove box. It may not even be necessary, but I like them know upfront that it's going to be free. I'd rather not have to dispute it after the service.

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl
3,321 Posts
If it’s a Subaru offer, it should be valid in the continent.
Call them… It’s really only worth 3 oil changes, any dealer (worth their salt) benefits on goodwill alone.<O:p</O:p

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I did what I probably should have done in the first place, which is to call the dealer I want to use for service, and ask them. They will honor the service agreement, and were very welcoming.

All goodness...

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
Awesome! I hope the new dealer will do you right!:29:

·
Registered
2012,OB 3.6R Limited/Moonroof Pkg.
129 Posts
I believe the deal is with SOA, and not with the dealership, so you have the freedom to go wherever.

I made an appointment with a different dealer for my 7.5k oil change. I scheduled it online and referenced my Service agreement number. The agreement number is on something that was mailed to me after purchase. I keep it in the glove box. It may not even be necessary, but I like them know upfront that it's going to be free. I'd rather not have to dispute it after the service.
Hi rockthebeef, when is your appointment, I have mine schedule this Friday at Frank Subaru, where are you going to take yours? I try online appointment and they don't have available until next week so I called the dealer and they gave me 8:00 this Friday. Where are you located anyway?

·
Registered
7 Posts
New owner of a 2013 Limited here...150 miles and slowly counting.

I don't see anything on the Subaru that says anything about the free maintenance/service for 24 months? Is this only valid for the Subaru extended warranty or something?

·
Registered
2014 Forester Premium 2.5i
216 Posts
It’s really only worth 3 oil changes, any dealer (worth their salt) benefits on goodwill alone.<O:p</O:p
I don't know if it's the same at all dealers, but my local Subaru dealer put my 2011 on a 3000 mile service interval and I ended up getting 6 oil changes including the cabin air filter at 15K or so. When I went it for my final freebie they said it was time for my full 30,000 Service and they did that completely free as well - definitely made my weekend.

And this was not the dealer I bought my OB from so I was very pleased with the free service package I received that I didn't even know I was getting til I sat down with the Finance guy :29:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For me it was not offered, but was included in the deal. We didn't even know about until all of the negotiation was complete.

Below is a link from the dealership where I purchased that describes the program. I had no problem at all getting this fulfilled at a different dealer closer to my home (which was Austin Subaru, who get an A+ for an exceptional experience, including snacks, a variety of beverages, and loaner iPads while you wait)

I got, at absolutely no charge, a 3750 mile oil change (when the manual specifies 7000), including synthetic, with a normal price of about $60.

My sense was that this is a program that SOA was running as an incentive to get people in the pattern of getting their cars serviced by the dealer. I've got to say, my first experience was so good that I'd definitely go back.

Subaru of Georgetown | Vehicles for sale in Georgetown, TX 78626

1 - 10 of 10 Posts