Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Outback Limited Green
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Subaru Outback Limited with keyless start and have lost my spare fob/key. I have the Gold Plus warranty and notice that in several places my agreement says I am entitled to Travel Assistance Benefits, including "computerized lost key retrieval" - it specifically says: "Specially Encoded Key Tag, Lost keys are a nuisance, an expense and often a problem to replace. That's why we've developed a safe and effective way to help you get your keys back. Our special Computerized Lost Key Retrieval System is simple and effective." Does anyone know what this means? I've tried calling the 1-800-261-2155 number twice and was referred to my dealer and my dealer has no clue (except they'll charge me over $400 to replace). What does my warranty offer regarding lost keys? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
7,569 Posts
It sounds like if a lost key is found and turned in, they will assist to electronically read the serial identifier, identify the owner, and contact them to get it back to them.

The clue that they won't buy you a new key are the words "Lost keys are a nuisance, an expense and often a problem to replace".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts