Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using Cookies

Not sure if this link will work but I am looking into new tires soon I got about 45ish% left on the stock tires, I read some posts on the pilots and might want to get them just the price is a bit high for my taste, I don't mind continental price and the warranty seems to be good, I had some problems with the wife goodyear assurance comfortred from the get go so I am outing Goodyear and I will most likely go with the dws and not the dw we do get snow in Vegas and there's a mountain out here that snows all of winter so planning on a trip as well, but I am liking the pilots just because of the water and dry ratings,we could always take the Altima up the mountain but I have an outback....lol...help my dilemma!:D

·
Registered
342 Posts
Don't hear much about the DWS's here, but over on the Corvette forums they are getting good reviews. I'm leaning toward a set for my Z, never gave them much thought for the outback. Guess you've got me taking a second look. The crappy Uniroyals that came on my Subie are wearing like iron. Don't ya' hate it when tires you despise wear so well?

I know this bucks the grain of common opinion, but I've run different sets of Michelins over the years. They always did well, but mileage and handling were relatively the same as other tires I've used such as Generals, Conti's, Vredesteins and Yokahamas, but cost much more.

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
I believe you can get the contis in 235/55-17 that will fit stock rims, but you have to get 18" rims to get the supersports, as the closest size is 235/50-18. Plus the super sports cost almost twice as much, and you would need winter tires.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should rephrase the Vegas thing...we got snow just to wet the ground twice last winter...but mt. Charleston snows heavly most of winter and into springish.... I also got word that the wife is preggers so I will know that there is not posable way that we are taking her car up there and with out chains on the tires, its the law up there only 4x4s and Subies are aloud up the mountain with out them...that's not a joke,subarus are aloud with no stud tires and chains lol there is a sign up there that had vehicle rules I will take the pic if I see it again

But back to the tires lol might get the pss for the Altima I might call up Goodyear again for the third time... See if I can get some money back on them or give them to the outback....but for the price I do like the dws a lot just by the time snow starts in the mountains the S might be gone...hope not though....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
kmssgoten
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing