Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Outback 2.5i Premium
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw that Continental just came out with their first AT tire in 225/60/17. This is news to me and even their website still has a 'new' banner across the title.

TerrainContact A/T for CUV, SUV & LTs | Continental

Looks like a nice tire with 12/32 tread depth and a tread-ware rating of 680. Has anyone used this tire yet? Looks to me like a great tire for people like me. Mostly road driving, good deal of gravel road, occasional off road. I'm glad to see more A/T tire options for 17" rim.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5, Ice Silver
889 Posts
I saw that as well. If you want a fantastic tire but not as aggressive the CrossContact LX20 Eco Plus is available. After 20,000 miles of Hwy/City/Sand and Rocky trails, I could not be happier.:smile2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I did look at the LX20 and it does look like a great outback tire. I did however pull the trigger on the Terrain Contact. I hope to do more off-road and had to go for them.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5, Ice Silver
889 Posts
Thanks for the input. I did look at the LX20 and it does look like a great outback tire. I did however pull the trigger on the Terrain Contact. I hope to do more off-road and had to go for them.
The LX20 is absolutely a great Outback tire, not sure where you came up with your thoughts on it. The Continental Site actually shows it on an Outback hitting dirt roads. Anyways hope the Terrain Contact works great for you. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They look good to me, and maybe that's why I went with the TC instead of the LX20. I guess I'm just a sucker for looks of the larger tread blocks..?..But, they are quiet and seem to ride very well. Hopefully my ideals of hitting more dirt with them comes to fruition and I don't waste the tread on pavement. The LX20 is high on the list for our Minivan when it needs tires..Camping with 3 young kids, room is a premium so we have to take the van over the OB. Those LX20's seems like the prefect blend of a road tire that that can handle themselves properly on non-maintained forest roads.

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
They look good to me, and maybe that's why I went with the TC instead of the LX20. I guess I'm just a sucker for looks of the larger tread blocks..?..But, they are quiet and seem to ride very well. Hopefully my ideals of hitting more dirt with them comes to fruition and I don't waste the tread on pavement. The LX20 is high on the list for our Minivan when it needs tires..Camping with 3 young kids, room is a premium so we have to take the van over the OB. Those LX20's seems like the prefect blend of a road tire that that can handle themselves properly on non-maintained forest roads.

Any reason to be concerned with the sizing? 27.6 for the Conti vs 28.5 for the OEM Bridgestones.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If they came in a 235-65-17 I'd try them rather than G015s on my '18. I've had good luck with Conti's in the past, and they look a little more "rugged" than the G015's. There's another thread going here started by a fellow who put a set of these on with great results.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts