Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Limited
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this in vendor forum but thought someone here might have some advice.

Just purchased a 2011 outback limited. It needs shocks and struts which I'm using KYB's The front control arm rear bushings(20204AJ020) are cracked and tearing and I want to replace them. Now my OB does have the steering wheel shake some. Very likely could be something like a tire out of balance. So I'm not saying it needs the TSB performed just yet. My question is what changed on the control arms through the different part revisions. Original part was a 20202AJ00A Then it went to REV B, and C, Then the TSB came out and the control arm changed to 20202AJ08A. Now it has superseded again to 20202AJ04A. I guess my question is what changed? Did the actual structure of the control arm change or was it just changing the bushings to different designs/densities? Is it worth while to spend the extra money and replace the arm with the latest part or was it actually the Bushings which changed as both the front and back have been through revisions also.

·
Premium Member
2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, Graphite Gray
24 Posts
Bump. I am the new to me owner of a 2011 limited 2.5. this outback has 126k miles on it and was looking underneath it, and some of the suspension bushings look aged..... I plan on replacing /upgrading parts myself. would be nice to know what part numbers are upgrades. thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well lucky for you I just noticed the same thing and checked out all my bushings on my 2012 - these are my PN's and should be the same for all 2010-2012's.

Front Lower Control Arm
20204D - PN 20204AJ020 - Vertically aligned bushing
20204I - PN 20204AG040 - Horizontally aligned bushing
20206AJ000 - Ball Joint

As for the rears, there are 5 separate ones that are sold outside of the arms they're connected to, so if you need them, post back here and I'll throw them up...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts