Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5 L.L. Bean
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried with any success to re-purpose the NAV screen into a DVD screen? I can't stand the out-of-date software on it, and I don't feel like buying a new DVD for $150 bucks. I have a TomTom with lifetime updates for free, so I really don't feel I need the NAV screen at this point. Although if there was some way to get the TomTom to work through the factory NAV screen that would be awesome.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
Though it's a long shot there are a few companies that will make an auxillary video input for some OEM screens but you would loose all touch functions of the GPS. In short you would still have to access the TomTom to do anything. A few companies also sold some add on GPS units that used an IR style remote that could be made to work but I haven't seen one in some time.

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5 L.L. Bean
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've basically surrendered to using the screen for fuel mileage feedback. I would like to replace the factory stereo though with one similar to the one I had in my Impreza.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts