Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just finished changing my timing belt and water pump on my 2000 outback limited. Everything went well and runs fine but, now i am concerned i did not use the coolant conditioner when i replaced the coolant.
The car has 162,000 K on it and i am looking to get well over 200k on it because i want to keep it, it has never had the headgasket issue yet.
Will the HG's last over 200 k and will the conditioner help?

Any thoughts:confused:

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
The conditioner is only glorified stop leak. It only works for external leaks, not internal. As cars age, the odds of blowing a HG are sort of up to the mechanical gods in any car. It helps if the car has been well maintained to keep the odds low of it happening. The conditioner was part of the extented warrenty requirement from subaru, and is basically under the technical normacalture called "chicken soup". Basically it can't hurt.

You may think about chainging your radiator cap (its old and cheap), and your PCV valve if it has never been done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
nipper
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing