Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 OBXT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Attached below are two images of the pipe that looks like it is leaking, but what part is this? and is it in fact a standalone pipe that I can just easily swap out? I am having trouble identifying the replacement piece I would need to fix this looking at the part diagrams.

It's directly under the timing cover, behind the radiator just above one of the exhaust manifolds as you can see.

·
Registered
466 Posts
i had pretty much the exact same area leak on my H6 .. .. on mine it a coolant pipe that goes to the oil filter housing .... i thought th pipe might have a hole in it so got the price of one and it was $360 AU .... so i ended up with the 2 rubber hoses checked the pipe over and it was ok

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 OBXT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had pretty much the exact same area leak on my H6 .. .. on mine it a coolant pipe that goes to the oil filter housing .... i thought th pipe might have a hole in it so got the price of one and it was $360 AU .... so i ended up with the 2 rubber hoses checked the pipe over and it was ok
Do you happen to remember what the part number was though? Gonna get a quote for one over here/see if I can get a lightly used one

·
Premium Member
2006 OutBean, 2005 LGTW
1,598 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Outback Wagon LL Bean Limited 2.5i
868 Posts

???

*edit...

I haven't looked to see if that's the actual part number. Double check first.
Is it the Oil cooler line? The pics are not clear where the endpoints of the line are attached to. The description sounds like it is mounted on the front of the engine, below the timing cover,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 OBXT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts