Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Outback, 1995 Subaru legacy sedan LS and 2005 Subaru Baja Sport.
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there
I have a 1995 Legacy LS (Auto Transmission, 2.2 Engine)
I had the head gaskets replaced last December at a local repair shop and I have started to notice a slow coolant leak coming form the bottom of the engine around the oil pan. There are no tell tale signs of leaking around the thermostat/lower coolng hose.

I took into the local shop to have it investigated but all they said was that it was coming from the overflow tank. I ruled that out when I wraped paper around it and there were no wet spots.

Does anyone have any information that could help identify this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1995 Subaru Liberty EJ22 NA Sedan 5MT AWD/Dual Range, LSD
24 Posts
Observe that area closely, It might be coming from water pump (common problem due age) or heater or cooling area from top of the engine. All the best way is to observe the area very well. If your engine bay is dirty, clean it, once you've done it you'll see a 'stream' of dried up coolant.
Cheers
AP

·
Registered
1996 Outback and a 2004 STi Stage II
5 Posts
If the coolant is coming off the timing belt cover then your looking at the water pump. When you had your headgaskets done did you car overheat before hand or just noticed coolant leaks. If it did over heat did the heads get sent out to be re decked, if not you may have warpped heads causing a coolant leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts