Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
05,Outback XT Limited
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I looked in the manual and I'm kind of confused.. Do we put coolant in the far left by the passenger reserve or at the low/ full bottle?

What is the ratio for adding coolant to conditioner ?
Come to find out they didn't put the conditioner in when the radiator was replaced.
I have this and need to pick up conditioner ?
When the radiator was replaced the green was used .
Thank you as always.

Attachments

Registered
05,Outback XT Limited
Discussion Starter #2
I just read a post saying our year doesn't need it ?
Now I'm really confused 馃槙

Registered
2006 Outback 2.5i manual
So I looked in the manual kind of confused.. We put coolant in the far left by the passenger reserve or at the low full bottle?

What is the ratio for adding coolant to conditioner ?

I'm not low just thinking if I ever have to I want to make sure I have my chicken bones ready to toss , cigar smoke and burn some sage to make this work...

Thank you as always.
I have this and need to pick up conditioner ?
When the radiator was replaced the green was used .

That's the same type of (green) coolant I put in mine after doing the timing belt (mine is an '06 2.5 non-turbo). That bottle is a pre-mixed solution, so you don't need to add anything else. Generally speaking, keeping the water/coolant ratio at 50:50 is the way to go. I've never added any conditioner in my coolant, nor will I ever do so. That part is totally up to you.

Registered
05 GT wagon, 09 Spec B, 18 3.6R Outback
No to conditioner.

I only put Prestone that I mix 50/50 or buy the premix Prestone or Peak Global in all my cars. Buy it at Walmart or other discount stores. its cheap and good.

I even give the coolant to the trusted mechanic when he does the timing belts.

Reactions: Bohen

Registered
05,Outback XT Limited
Discussion Starter #5

Registered
05 GT wagon, 09 Spec B, 18 3.6R Outback
In the bottle next to the radiator. full it to the cold line, unless it's really low. Then top off the radiator, and put some in the tank by the turbo. I leave that a inch or so below being full.

Run the engine until the fans cycle with the heater on hot. let the car cool off and check the overflow bottle.

A couple months back the fans were running on my wagon as I pulled into the driveway after a long drive. Coasting sown the big hill 1/2 mile from the house I noticed the temp gauge was a bit above the middle line.

When it cooled I noticed the bottle empty, radiator was bit low. I topped off the radiator, added a little to the tank above the turbo, brought the overflow bottle up to cold line. It's been fine since.

Reactions: Bohen

Registered
05,Outback XT Limited
Discussion Starter #7
In the bottle next to the radiator. full it to the cold line, unless it's really low. Then top off the radiator, and put some in the tank by the turbo. I leave that a inch or so below being full.

Run the engine until the fans cycle with the heater on hot. let the car cool off and check the overflow bottle.

A couple months back the fans were running on my wagon as I pulled into the driveway after a long drive. Coasting sown the big hill 1/2 mile from the house I noticed the temp gauge was a bit above the middle line.

When it cooled I noticed the bottle empty, radiator was bit low. I topped off the radiator, added a little to the tank above the turbo, brought the overflow bottle up to cold line. It's been fine since.
Thank you Sir.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts